- Tom Anderson Icon Classic
- Shell Pink (Lightly Distressed - Level 2)
- Alder Body
- Quartersawn Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 22 Stainless Steel Medium Frets
- Even-Taper + .030 Neck Back Shape | 1 11/16" Nut Width
- SC1 (neck and middle) and HC2 (bridge) Pickups
- 5-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Push/Push Tone 1 - splits the bridge humbucker
- Push/Push Tone 2 - add-bridge switching
- Vintage Style Tremolo Bridge
- Bone Nut
- Locking Tuners
- Off-White Pickguard, Knobs, and Pickup covers
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Hardshell Tolex Case
- Serial #: 07-08-18A
- Instrument Weight: 7.1 lbs
Tom Anderson guitars are some of the best electric bolt-on guitars you're going to find. This Icon Classic model is a remarkably well-balanced instrument built with a staggering level of precision and poise. It's going to look reminiscent of other guitar shapes from the past, sure, but make no mistake about it, this is not your father's Strat! If you're going to rock a pink guitar, we can't think of a better instrument to do it with!
This Anderson Icon Classic can go head-to-head with any bolt-on guitar of this shape and style in the world (and we'd put our money on it winning)! No doubt about it.
We chose one of the lightest levels of distress for this that Anderson has to offer and we couldn't be happier with the results. Up-close, there is some light checking on the nitro finish and the very beginnings of some signs of wear in the normal places you'd expect it after maybe 10 years of use. The chrome on the guitar (hardware and pickup cover) also have a lightly distressed look to them. Overall, the relic job is very tastefully done and the thin nitro finish really allows the instrument to breathe.
The way this guitar feels and how effortless it is to play is indescribable... but we'll try. The Even-Taper + 0.030 neck shape may be our favorite so far that we've tried on a guitar of this design. The neck is still slim and super easy to maneuver on, but it has just a tiny bit of extra wood on it so your hands really have a something solid to hold onto and it feels great. While being far from anything we'd consider "chunky" this neck also doesn't feel like you're playing a toothpick, and we really like that. The fretwork and overall fit-and-finish are beyond perfect. The guitar arrived into the shop with really low action and plays like an absolute dream. As with every Anderson guitar that we've seen before, we couldn't help but to just marvel at this for a while when it first arrived.
Tonally, it's going to be very versatile and provide you with a nice hot-rodded Strat on steroids sort of option that can handle some more modern applications while also being able to sound genuinely vintage, if you need that. The single-coil pickups are hum-canceling so you don't have to worry about any of that messy 60-cycle hum that can be so annoying when you're soloing one of the pickups. They're a little bit hotter than a true vintage-sounding pickup so they can match up with the humbucker's output a little better. But it's also a subtle difference so they can absolutely still get an old-school sound. They'll just hit your pedals and the front end of your amp a touch harder than 60's strat pickups would have. This will add some great note clarity, articulation, definition, and punch to your notes without overdoing it. The humbucker, of course, provides a thick, punchy, and more aggressive bridge sound that can handle saturation and distortion extremely well. It can also be split to get a more traditional strat-like sound. And while we've always loved the plethora of wiring options that Anderson has to choose from, we kept this one pretty simple. One tone knob is a push/push to split the bridge and the other is a push/push button so you can add the bridge pickup in positions that don't normally include it. Otherwise, we actually kept the control layout and functionality pretty traditional with this one while increasing its versatility.
Sure, this might look like a familiar body shape, but this is sure to redefine your idea of what a strat is supposed to be. Vintage sound meets elite, modern, versatility, construction quality, and playability. It'll be dead silent in the studio, on the big stage, or in the most poorly electrically grounded garage jams that you could take it.
- Full-sized S-style body silhouette
- Top Jack
- Three numbered knobs
- One rear strap button
The same ultra musical sound as our SF-Series pickups—the most musical S size single coil, hum-canceling, pickups ever heard—a real breakthrough—even richer than real vintage coils with equal effervescence, highlighted by sweet, soft and lush highs
but… SCs are sheltered under the cover of coffee dipped, black or white covers.
HC Series Pickups
Within the sanctuary of a sleek and smooth cover beats the heart of a vintage lion. Mild to medium to hot output, HCs sing with a wonderful vintage flavored voice, depicted by focused midrange energy and enlightened by extremely musical upper-mids and seasoned with sweet, soft and soothing highs.
Position 1: Neck Pickup
Position 1 alt: Neck + Bridge Pickups
Position 2: Neck + Middle Pickups
Position 2 alt: Neck + Middle + Bridge Pickups
Position 3: Middle Pickup
Position 4: Middle + Bridge Pickups
Position 5: Bridge Pickup
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).