- Tom Anderson Icon Classic
- High Gloss Black Finish
- Alder Body
- Caramel (Roasted) Maple Neck and Fretboard
- 25.5" Scale Length | 22 Stainless Steel Low-Rise Frets
- 1 11/16" Nut Width | Bone Nut
- Even-Taper + .030 Neck Shape
- VA7, VA7R, VA7+ True Single-coil Pickups
- 5-Way Pickup Selector
- 1-Ply Black Pickguard
- White Knobs and Pickup Covers
- Chrome Hardware
- Vintage Style Tremolo Bridge
- Locking Tuners
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Hardshell Tolex Case
- Serial #: 01-21-19N
- Instrument Weight: 6.8 lbs
Tom Anderson guitars are some of the best electric bolt-on guitars you're going to find. This Icon Classic model is a remarkably well-balanced instrument built with a staggering level of precision and poise. It's going to look reminiscent of other guitar shapes from the past, sure, but make no mistake about it, these guys are a cut above the rest.
This one was particularly designed to look so good and plays so smoothly that it'll make you comfortably numb. Mother would certainly approve. So, hey you, shine on you crazy diamond with this unbelievable example of what a simple 3 single-coil design can be. Careful with that axe, Eugene!
Alright, alright... Enough with the puns. You guys get it, right? We designed this guitar after one of our biggest guitar heroes and idols. But this is a very serious and thoroughly noteworthy guitar that really does not feel like "just another copy" at all... Not even close. This can go head-to-head with any bolt-on guitar of this shape and style in the world and we'd put our money on it winning! No doubt about it! Anderson's guitars quickly became a unanimous favorite here at the shop and this guitar won everyone over before we even pulled it out of the case to test it. The guitar is everything you've ever wanted out of an s-style guitar without having to fight against the instrument to coax it out. The playability is out of this world, the tone is a perfect mix of vintage while still having enough 'oomph' to push some pedals and your amp. Back in the day a lot of guys playing strats would swap out that bridge pickup for something that had a little more power to it. While still retaining vintage qualities, that's also what you'll find on this guitar. The neck and middle pickups ooze of old-school single-coil goodness while the bridge pickup has just a hair more output than an old 60's strat might, for example. This makes for a perfect mix and a guitar that is usable in a huge array of scenarios.
The roasted maple is not only a nice touch but simply feels incredible on the hands along with solidifying the rigidity of the wood. The fretwork and overall fit-and-finish are beyond perfect. The guitar arrived into the shop with low action, no buzzing whatsoever, and plays like an absolute dream with minimal effort. As with every Anderson guitar that we've seen before, we couldn't help but to just marvel at this for a while.
Sure, this might look like a familiar body shape, but this is sure to redefine your idea of what a strat is supposed to be. Vintage sound meets elite, modern construction quality and playability with a few extras under the hood for fun... This is it. This is the one!
- Full-sized S-style body silhouette
- Top Jack
- Three numbered knobs
- One rear strap button
VA 7R: Reverse wound VA7 for hum-cancelling configurations.
VA 7+: Hotter output for balanced neck to bridge transitions.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).