We are honored to collaborate with Joe Walsh to release his first ever signature multi-effects stompbox in his near 50-year career: The Joe Walsh Double Classic. Walsh is the legendary guitarist of the Eagles, Barnstorm, James Gang, The Party Boys, and Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, his playing style has caught much acclaim including praise from rock music giants Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page, Cream’s Eric Clapton and The Who’s Pete Townshend. The Double Classic is designed mimic the authentic Joe Walsh style and sound.
The Joe Walsh Double Classic, or JWDC for short, is a dual effects pedal that we designed specifically for Joe Walsh. This unique, one of a kind pedal, combines two essential circuits (Compressor & Classic Amp), which Joe uses in both live performances and studio recordings.
The Compressor in the JWDC allows you to control the dynamic range of your instrument. Unlike most stomp box compressors, the compressor in the JWDC has a very natural and musical sound – much like professional rack mounted compressors found in professional studios.
Sensitivity – This control is similar to a threshold control that is found on professional studio compressors. It allows you to make adjustments to the signal level at the input stage of the unit. This control comes in very handy if you are using a bass or a guitar with active pickups. Active pickups tend to have a hotter output than passive pickups. By adjusting the sensitivity properly the output level of your instrument can be controlled, so as not to distort the input of the compressor. The opposite is true if the bass or guitar has passive or low output pickups. Raising the sensitivity control increases the input level, providing a stronger input signal which the compressor needs in order to work properly.
Ratio – This knob allows you to set the compression ratio. The range is adjustable from 2:1 to 10:1. The more you turn this knob up (clockwise) the higher the compression ratio. There is also a soft knee feature built into the circuit. This means that the ratio will start low and will then increase in direct proportion to the amount that the signal exceeds the threshold. Everything from mild to fairly heavy compression settings are possible. The compressor is a very flexible circuit that has both smooth and natural sounds. You will be able to control the dynamic range of your instrument while simultaneously preserve it’s tonal character.
Output – This knob controls the level of the output signal from the compressor to the next effect in your signal chain.
The Classic Amp was designed to simulate the classic tube amps that Joe has used over the years. The sound of these vintage amps is legendary and can be heard on countless recordings that Joe has made through out his career. The controls on a classic tube amp were designed to be simple and straight-forward and the same is true for the Classic Amp.
Bass – This control allows you to cut or boost the low frequencies of your guitar or bass. The EQ curve is very smooth and versatile. You will be able to dial in the right amount of low end to give your guitar punch and power while still retaining low end clarity.
Treble – The treble knob allows you to adjust the mid and high range frequency spectrum of the guitar. You can dial in the right amount of mids and highs without making your guitar or bass sound to brittle or harsh.
Gain – The gain control is very versatile. At lower settings (counter-clockwise) there is very little or no gain at all introduced to the signal. At this setting your bass will sound warm and full with no distortion. Keeping the gain control in this position will really allow you to experiment with the EQ settings. You can make some fine adjustments to your sound by simply experimenting with the bass and treble controls. Turning the gain control up (clockwise) introduces distortion. The distortion that the Classic Amp produces is not over the top – like that of a fuzz box. The sound breaks up naturally while at the same time retaining much of it’s clarity. Turning the gain up (clockwise) will also give your bass more drive and attitude. Experimentation is the key to unlocking the potential of the Classic Amp and the JWDC in general, so we encourage you to experiment with the pedal often.
Output – This knob controls the level of the output signal from the Classic Amp to the next effect in your signal chain.
The Pre/Post switch allows you to place the compressor before or after the Classic Amp in the signal chain. With the switch in the “Pre” position (down), the compressor is placed before the Classic Amp. With the switch in the “Post” (up) position the compressor is placed after the Classic Amp in the signal chain.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).