The OD side is designed to sound like a vintage tube amp from the 60’s and 70’s. These tones have become legendary in the minds of all rock guitar players. The controls are very simple and straight forward. The output knob controls the effected output level going to your amp. The input level is controlled by your guitar’s volume knob – just as it is when you plug into a vintage amp. By adjusting your guitar’s volume control you can drastically change the tone and response of the pedal and we encourage you to experiment in this area. The year knob determines the amount of gain you send to the pedals overdrive circuit. By rotating the knob clockwise, towards ’77, the sound becomes more distorted producing a rich harmonic texture. This will enhance every note and chord you play, especially power chords…very cool! And just like a vintage tube amp the clarity of each note can still be heard. The circuit is also very touch sensitive responding to your own personal playing style. The tone switch was added to allow you to roll back some of the lower frequencies. Depending on the type of pickups you have in your guitar this switch can really help put the finishing touches on your sound.
The Fuzz side is one of the best sounding fuzz faces on the planet. Just like the OD side the controls are simple and easy to use. The input pot controls the amount of signal coming into the pedal. The output pot determines the amount of effected signal that is sent to your amp. The Haze control determines the intensity of the fuzz saturation. Unlike a conventional fuzz control, which is typically found on many Fuzz Faces, the Haze control and the input control work together in shaping your sound. Depending on how the two are adjusted you can go from a voodoo wall of Fuzz to one of the sweetest sounding overdrives in the galaxy. The tone switch functions identically as it does in the OD circuit, offering you even more tone shaping flexibility. Don’t be afraid to play with your guitar’s output control, too. Unlike most fuzz faces the Fuzz won’t get too thin when you turn your guitar’s volume down.
The true flexibility of this pedal lies in the fact that we designed both sides to work together. Although they’re two different circuits one can be made to sound similar to the other. In other words there’s a little yin and yang thing going on here. Each pedal also comes with it’s own time capsule and a bottle of Alien bubbles.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).