Since introducing the popular TightMetal distortion pedal in 2011, Amptweaker has received many requests for a two button version. Unlike most distortion pedals with boost, the TightMetal Pro includes 2 Boost knobs, one before and one after the distortion.....so it’s easy to boost the gain AND volume, for the perfect solo tone. There’s also a Midboost button that works with the output Boost knob, to help solos cut through the mix.
We also polled many customers who didn’t like the TightMetal, to find out what tone changes could be offered to reign in those other metal tones. The result is the Smooth Edge switch which cuts the high end sizzle for a warmer edge, and 2 Fat switches allow either the normal or Boosted tones to have a thicker attack with a bit more compression. There's also a High Gain switch to select between Vintage sounding metal or heavier modern metal gain. The added three band EQ allows for much tonal variation, with its Thrash button for more traditional deeper scooped mids. Our standard noise gate from the original TightMetal is also included, with the hard stopping Chomp setting to help keep the rhythm as tight as possible.....especially when doing very quick riffs with a lot of palm-muted stops. Internal adjustments allow for tweaking the gate.
Amptweaker pedals are known for effects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, another active with the boost, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically shut off clean effects. c
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for an alternate rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don't plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp.....meaning you could have the TightMetal Pro going through a 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
Another cool use for the SideTrak is to use it to switch between amps....if the Send is sent to a 'clean' amp, and the Return left unplugged, then the output of the TightMetal will be muted when the pedal is off. So you can send the output to your favorite half stack rig, while using your favorite clean amp on the SideTrak Send, for a one button A/B system.
Standard Amptweaker features: LED illumination of controls, 14 gauge steel housing and true bypass switching.
Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge sw. and Thrash sw.
3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
Gain, Tight & Volume Controls
High Gain switch for heavier tones, off for more vintage metal tones
Noise Gate switch with Chomp™ setting for quick stops, with internal adjustment, tracks gain
Added adjustable internal input noise gate for even more gating
Mid switch with Thrash setting
Mid Boost switch tweaks Boost similar to TightRock™
Internal Fat switches for warmer Rhythm and/or Boost tones
Can be used as a preamp, or into a clean channel
LED lit knobs when using a power supply
Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
Runs on 9V-18V batteries or supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down, or similar to 50W versus 100W tone
Current: 18mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 22mA with 9V adapter, 24mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
Handmade in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).