Another Amptweaker Pro™ pedal, the TightFuzz Pro™ is built from the popular TightFuzz distortion pedal. As with the standard sized version, there are many tonal options available thanks to the Germanium/Silicon switch, Smooth Edge switch, and 60's/70's tone switch. The 3 band EQ helps make this one of the most flexible fuzztones available, and Amptweaker's Tight control really makes a difference in controlling the attack of the fuzz. There's even an auto-bias feature built into the Fuzz control, which allows the knob to control from the cleanest to the nastiest distortions with one control.
One of the important differences between the TightFuzz Pro and most 'reissue' fuzz boxes is that with the addition of the Tight control in front of the fuzz circuit, the input of the fuzz circuit is effectively buffered from the guitar....but in a compensated way. A common problem with the original fuzz designs is that circuits with low output impedances like those in overdrive pedals and wah pedals, or the output of active pickups, can completely change the bias and gain structure. The result is often an odd sound or squeals, unusual feedback etc. The buffering in the TightFuzz Pro actually simulates the impedance of a guitar, so that the fuzz circuit works in the normal way it's intended, and any low impedance circuit CAN be used in the loop or in front of the pedal.
Unlike most 2-button fuzz pedals with boost, the TightFuzz Pro includes 2 Boost knobs, one before and one after the distortion.....so it’s easy to boost the fuzz AND volume, for the perfect solo tone. And per customer requests, the 'Boost' Volume control has also been tweaked to allow cutting of the volume when the Gain is boosted, so it's easier to balance the volume. There’s also a cool Octave-Up effect that works with the footswitchable Boost, to help solos cut through the mix and to really dive into psychedelia. There's even an internal blend control to bring in the Octave, so you can just add a little seasoning to the tone.
The TightFuzz Pro has a Smooth Edge switch which cuts the high end sizzle for a warmer edge, and when combined with the High control, it's possible to get really warm fuzztones. There's also an internal More Fuzz switch which is great for lower output pickups or if you just want MORE! A new 'cleaner' noise gate was developed for the TightFuzz Pro, which is designed to reduce noise without adding distortion.
Amptweaker pedals are known for effects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, another active with the boost, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically shut off clean effects.
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for an alternate rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don't plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp.....meaning you could have the TightFuzz Pro driving your 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
- Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
- 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge to help tame the fuzz
- 60's/70's tone switch and Germanium/Silicon transistor switch for different gain and tones
- 3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
- Fuzz control automatically adjusts bias for more range and better clean tones.
- Amptweaker exclusive Tight control adjusts attack and helps tame the fuzz
- Noise Gate switch, with internal adjustment
- Octave switch adds Octave-Up effect to Boost FTSW
- Internal More Fuzz switch for low output pickups, or just MORE FUZZ all the time!
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- True Bypass switching - with special input circuitry, works great with active pickups or wah pedals in front!
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compressed, while 18V is more open and less distorted.
- Current: 22mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 24mA with 9V adapter, 28mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
- Handmade in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.