- Works great with guitar, bass, acoustic guitar, or other instruments!
- Low, Mid High active EQ, flat when straight up
- Fat/Normal/Tight switch to adjust the guitar’s attack.
- US/UK/Thrash Mid switch sets the mid frequency to standard passive EQ spots
- Crank the Mid for parked Wah sounds
- Volume control to cut or boost level
- Press & Hold footswitch to access extra Boost knob
- Internal switch sets Boost to Gain or Volume boost
- True Bypass switching
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compression, while 18V is more open and less distorted.
- Thumbscrew removable bottom with holes for tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods
- Current: 20mA at 9V, 21mA at 18V
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED
- Weight: 9 ounces, Dimensions: 2.7″W X 4.65″D X 2″H
- Made in the USA
The Curveball is a 3 band EQ with dual Boost functions and can even be used as a clean channel preamp.
Product ideas we’ve received for EQ have ranged from graphic EQ’s, to fully adjustable parametric EQ’s and all points in between. The Curveball sets up various EQ curves using a simple to understand 3 band active EQ, so it’s flat when set straight up. The all important Mid frequency is selectable using the Mid switch, to easily simulate 3 band passive EQs from classic US amplifiers, UK amplifiers, and the Thrash EQ setting puts the middle right in the sweet spot for metal. The Mid knob also boosts in a peaky way through that same frequency range, making this a great way to dial in great parked wah tones by boosting it. It’s also easy to boost some mids when changing to a second guitar that is hollow and hard to match up to your rig.
The Curveball can be used in front of distortion to add more gain while tailoring the attack and thickness of the distortion, and Amptweaker’s Tight switch helps dial that in with the Fat-Normal-Tight settings. The Low knob boosts in a shelving way, but cuts more like a Tight control so you can further optimize the attack. The High EQ also boosts in a shelving way, but rolls off highs more like a guitar tone control. This provides the most flexibility in tweaking your front end boost.
The secondary boost feature is a great way to either make up for two different guitars or set up two different boost amounts (open battery door to set the boost for either more gain or more volume). By pressing and holding the footswitch, the LED changes from Orange to Green to let you know that the EQ is locked ON, and the secondary boost is primed and ready to go. Press the footswitch again and the LED turns red, and gives you up to 10dB of additional boost. This works exceptionally well after distortion, since you can use it for solos to give you a noticeable volume increase. Used in front of distortion, you’ll get a secondary heavier gain boost than with it off.
Another obvious use is to put the Curveball after distortion pedals, or in the effects loop of your amp. It can be used to change a moderately normal sounding amp in to a metal monster just by judiciously cutting the mids and boosting the volume back to about unity volume. This is when the secondary boost feature comes in handy.
And lastly, with a lot of our customers using our distortion pedals as preamps direct into the power amp or effects return, the Curveball makes a perfect companion since you can easily get great clean tones with it. Patch it into your TightMetal Pro’s SideTrak loop, and then run into the power amp, and the Curveball will work as your clean tone when the TMP is off. You can even get some distortion from it if you run it at lower voltages, but for the cleanest tone use 18V.
As with all of our pedals, the Curveball also features true bypass switching, and a thumbscrew- removable bottom plate with special holes to even accommodate tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).