- Dimensions: 24″ (L) x 12″ (W) x 18.75″ (H)
- Weight: 56 pounds
- Configuration: 35W, 1×12 Two Channel Combo
- Speakers: 1x12 Tone King 1660 by Celestion
- 2 Channel (Rhythm, Lead), Footswitchable
- Rhythm Channel Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Lead Channel Controls: Volume, Tone
- Tube driven spring reverb
- Full spring 2-spring reverb pan
- Bias modulation type tremolo circuit
- Footswitch controllable
Built-In Ironman Power Attenuator:
- Controls: Attenuation Level (Rhythm), Attenuation Level (Lead)
- Attenuation Steps: 0db, -3db, -9db, -15db, -24db, -36db
- Dual attenuation controls (one for each preamp channel)
- Two button footswitch (channel, tremolo)
- LED status indicators
- Operating Mode Swich: controls operating mode of output tubes: Ultralinear or Pentode mode
- Tubes: 4x12AX7A, 1x12AT7, 2x6L6GC,1x5AR4
- Output Stage: 2x6L6GC, cathode biased, no negative feedback, selectable ultralinear/pentode mode
- Output Power: 35W RMS
- Speaker Impedence: 16 Ohms
- Ironman Attenuator design features: Precision tuned reactive load
The Tone King Sky King 1 x 12” 35W combo electric guitar amplifier sings with the definitively American tones of the 1950s and ‘60s. This amp’s dual onboard channels - rhythm and lead - are voiced around the glassy elegance of blackface-style designs and the unmistakable warm bark of the tweed-covered titans. Give the lead channel’s Mid-Bite control a spin, and you’ll even find tighter sounds reminiscent of some equally iconic amps from across the pond.
Flip the Sky King around and you’re able to further enhance the amplifier’s inherent character. You’ll find a mode switch that selects between pentode and ultralinear performance on both channels. Pentode offers familiar clarity and transients, while ultralinear allows the amp to sag and react to every note you play. Just like our other esteemed designs, the Sky King also boasts not one, but two of the incredibly popular Ironman II reactive power attenuators – one for the clean channel, and one for the lead channel, allowing you to dial in the perfect performance-to-volume balance, no matter what the gig.
Add in footswitchable tremolo and a custom-voiced bias-modulated tremolo circuit, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more flexible amplifier that still accurately reproduces everything we love about vintage American tone.
A lesson in American tone
Both channels on your Tone King Sky King boast a no-nonsense 3-knob control layout and are footswitchable. But that’s where the similarities end. The rhythm channel is carefully sculpted to sing with ‘60s era cleans and chime. The lead channel, on the other hand, handles the harmonically rich midrange of ‘50s tweed amps and can also be crafted into old-school, British-style lead voices.
- Rhythm channel controls: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Lead channel controls: Volume, Tone, Mid-Bite
- Mid-Bite control tightens the low end for added punch and cut
Changing character with the flip of a switch
The Sky King features a powerful mode switch that swings the amp between pentode and ultralinear operation. Choose pentode for the feel and clarity that is found in the majority of amps around the world. Flip over to ultralinear mode to give the amplifier a warmer, rounder sound with plenty of elastic response to enhance your picking style.
- Pentode mode offers a faster attack and more defined highs
- Ultralinear mode delivers richer lower-order harmonics and a softer feel
- Ultralinear mode reduces the amplifier’s gain and may need to be compensated with the preamp volume control
Ironman II reactive attenuation
We included our Ironman II power attenuator aboard the Sky King for even more flexibility. Now you can bring your Imperial’s maxed tube tones to band- or home-friendly levels. And with our reactive load technology, your amp with sound and respond the same at any volume.
- 6-step attenuation is great in a variety of situations
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Independent attenuation for rhythm and lead channels
Onboard spring reverb and tremolo
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds that define the tone of many vintage American-voiced combo amps. We think, with its tube-driven circuits and old-school control, you’ll find the Sky King gloriously re-creates those thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And it does it in a conveniently footswitchable design.
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube-driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- Effects carefully tuned to balance across the two channels
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).