Rated Power Output40 WNominal Input Level (1 kHz)INPUT: -10 dBu
i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN: -10 dBuInput ImpedanceINPUT: 1 M ohmSpeaker25 cm (10 inches) x 1ControlsPOWER switch
JC CLEAN button
SOLO (MEMORY) button
EFX knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE)
DELAY knob (WARM, CLEAR)
REVERB knob (SPRING, PLATE)
[JC CLEAN Channel]
TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, BLACK PANEL, DLX COMBO, BRIT COMBO, TWEED, CLASSIC STACK, METAL STACK, R-FIRE STACK, EXTREME, DYNA AMP)
VOLUME knobIndicatorsJC CLEAN
TAPConnectorsINPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack: 4-pole miniature phone type
RECORDING OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
FOOT SW (TIP: JC CLEAN/LEAD, RING: SOLO) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
FOOT SW (GA-FC) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
AC IN jackPower Consumption43 WAccessoriesOwner's manual
Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)
GA-FC stickerOptions (sold separately)Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7)
GA Foot Controller (GA-FC)
Size and Weight
- 409 mm
- 221 mm
- 412 mm
- 9.4 kg
20 lbs. 12 oz.
High-Octane Combo with i-CUBE LINK
Building on the top-level tone and rock-solid reliability that’s made the CUBE name famous, the all-new CUBE-GX series turns up the heat with even more versatile operation and connectivity for Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With 40 watts of power and a custom-designed 10-inch speaker, the compact CUBE-40GX is the ultimate go-everywhere amp for gigs, recording, and practice at home. 11 COSM amp types and three independent channels—including a fully programmable SOLO channel—provide sounds for playing any style, with remote control of channel switching, effects, and more via the optional GA-FC Foot Controller. i-CUBE LINK takes practice and mobile recording to a new level, providing a built-in audio interface for working with music apps on your favorite iOS devices.
Flexible Combo for Gigging, Recording, and Practice
Featuring 40 watts of power, a custom-designed 10-inch speaker, and a slightly larger cabinet than previous designs for even better performance, the CUBE-40GX delivers satisfying, versatile guitar tones with integrated effects. Compact and easy to carry, it provides plenty of volume for everyday playing at small clubs, coffee houses, houses of worship, rehearsals, and beyond. For recording, you can use the CUBE-40GX’s RECORDING OUT/PHONES jack to mute the onboard speaker and send studio-quality tones with COSM speaker modeling directly to an audio interface or mixing board. Headphones can be used with this jack as well, perfect for silent practice sessions. Built with legendary CUBE construction standards, the CUBE-40GX is rugged, reliable, and ready for the long haul.
COSM Amps and Three Independent Channels
The CUBE-40GX is equipped with a wide range of COSM amp types and three independent channels for maximum tonal versatility. The JC CLEAN channel provides the renowned clean tone of Roland’s famous JC-120, while the LEAD channel offers ten different amp choices, from blackface clean to Brit overdrive to the original EXTREME amp for massive, high-gain metal riffs. A third SOLO channel is completely programmable, allowing you to store all settings from either the JC CLEAN or LEAD channel, along with EQ and effects.
Top-Quality Effects and More
With three independent, easy-to-use effects sections, the CUBE-40GX gives you a full arsenal of top guitar processing onboard. The EFX section offers five different stompbox-type effects, while the dedicated DELAY section has two different delay types and a TAP button for quickly setting delay times. REVERB is included as well, with your choice of vintage spring emulation or a studio-style plate. The CUBE-40GX also features a chromatic/manual tuner, built right into the amp!
Powerful Performance Control
The optional GA-FC Foot Controller is the perfect partner for the CUBE-40GX, with six footswitches for selecting amp channels and turning effect sections on/off. It’s also equipped with two expression pedal jacks for foot control of input and master volumes. Setup time is lightning fast—the GA-FC requires no AC power adapter, and connects easily via its included stereo 1/4-inch cable. Remote channel switching on the CUBE-40GX is also possible with optional BOSS FS-5U or FS-6 footswitches.
i-CUBE LINK: Built-In Interface for iOS Devices
Onboard the CUBE-40GX is Roland’s innovative i-CUBE LINK interface, which lets you integrate with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a real guitar amp with great tone. Unlike typical bulky and inconvenient iOS guitar interfaces, i-CUBE LINK connects to your device’s audio jack quickly and simply with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. With i-CUBE LINK, you can play along with music tracks and send studio-quality COSM guitar tones with effects straight into the recording app of your choice. The versatile i-CUBE LINK jack can also be used as a simple stereo input, enabling you to plug in nearly any music player or audio device and play it through the CUBE-40GX.
CUBE JAM App: Powerful, Fun, and Free!
Available for free from the App Store, the Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a fun command center for jamming, recording, and learning. Play back commercial songs and minus-one tracks through the CUBE-40GX via i-CUBE LINK and riff along for hours with the amp’s great COSM tones. CUBE JAM also records audio through the i-CUBE LINK connection, letting you capture your jams with a single touch. After recording, you can adjust the volume of your guitar and backing music independently in the app, then export your mix to a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file. CUBE JAM also includes powerful tools for music practice, including independent speed and pitch adjustment of audio playback, Center Cancel to remove solos and create your own jam tracks, and more.
- 40-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 10-inch speaker
- Three channels: JC CLEAN, LEAD (with 10 different COSM amp types), and SOLO
- SOLO channel is fully programmable, allowing you to save and recall amp type plus EQ and effects settings
- Three independent effects sections: EFX (five types), DELAY with tap tempo, and REVERB
- Hands-free channel switching, effects on/off, and more via GA-FC Foot Controller (sold separately)
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the CUBE-40GX’s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Three-band EQ; built-in chromatic/manual tuner
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).