- Color: Red
- Celestion G12H 30W Speaker
- Power Output 18 Watts
- Output Tubes 2 – 6N14N (NOS, mil-spec EL84)
- Preamp Tubes 4 – 12AX7, 1 – 12AT7
- Rectifier 1 – 5AR4
- Controls Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Cut, Master Volume, Reverb
- Other 4, 8, 16 Ohm
- Effects loop
- Variable Boost Footswitch
- 1×12 Studio Combo: 19 ¼” W, 19 ½” H, 10 ½ ” D
- Weight: 38 lbs.
Originally designed as a “grab-and-go” studio and small club amp, the MAZ 18 has made its way to some of the largest stages in the country. Don’t confuse “18 Watts” with “weak and flabby”. The MAZ 18 will amaze you with its definition and headroom, all the way down to the low E…plenty of power for a single 12″ speaker or 2×10″ speakers. You’ll use this amp in small clubs and never think about needing to mic it. Got a larger venue? Mic the MAZ 18 and play away, because big amp tone and soul is all there. This is also a great amp for jazz guitarists, whether you’re looking to replace a small blackface amp or looking for an amp with enough complexity for fusion.
The MAZ 18 is an amp that every Strat or Tele player will love, but it’s not only for single coil players as humbuckers are right at home with the MAZ 18 too. You get great hard rock drive at any volume with the Hi input or the ability to use the Lo input for cleaner humbucker sounds. The “Cut” knob may be the most useful and versatile tone shaping tool on any guitar amp. Throughout its range, it produces a large variety of sounds to satisfy players using all guitars for most every style of music. The “Cut” knob is best used after the EQ is all set; turn it up for extra edge, turn it down for a more vintage sound.
The front panel features Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Cut, and Master. The back panel features a 4,8, and 16 ohm speaker out. An effects loop and our EQ bypass function is also standard. The variable boost footswitch gives a great lead boost which effectively makes the MAZ 18 a 2 channel amp. The MAZ 18 is powered by a pair of NOS Russian Mil-Spec 6n14n power tubes rated to last twice as long as other EL84 variants.
The MAZ 18 has become Dr. Z’s most popular model over the last 20 years of it’s production. We have listened to player feedback, and over the course of the last 5 years developed improvements in every facet of the circuit.
Included in the Maz 18 Mk.II:
-New, versatile voicing providing pristine American cleans, chiming British overdrive, and juicy hard rock crunch in one package.
-Specifically tuned post-phase inverter master volume allows you dial in your tone at any volume, down to whisper quiet.
-Ultra-light cabinet made from imported Italian poplar (2×12 not included).
-Improved spring reverb for subtle richness or splashy surf tones.
-Buffered effects loop for seamless, transparent integration with your pedalboard.
-New Old Stock Russian mil-spec 6n14n (EL84) power tubes rated to last twice as long as new production EL84s.
-Variable boost footswitch is included, providing anywhere from a small bump in volume to all-out, singing distortion.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).