The ODS-Classic ©represents the evolution of the original Overdrive Supreme © platform into the 21st Century. The ODS-Classic © still retains many of the features that made the Overdrive Supreme a choice for players all genres.
Players as widely diverse as Al Di Meola, Warren Haynes, Jimmy Herring of Widespread Panic, Coy Bowles of Zac Brown and Jake Cinninger of Umphreys McGee have all played through an ODS for “their tone.”
The ODS Classic is the result of almost 20 years of customer feedback as well as Andy’s own journey in tone.
2 x 6L6 50-Watt
Available in head or combo format in 2 x 6L6 50-Watt and 4 x 6l6 100-Watt version with half power switch. The amps share the same fan cooled aluminum 17” chassis size of it’s predecessor and the same great form factor that make them grab and go with manageable weight.
During our development of both the Casino amps and the ODS-II, many fresh and innovative approaches were taken to broaden the sonic pallet of tones the ODS platform could deliver. Many of these advances were applied to the ODS-Classic: The Classic (like the ODS-II) has dual gain boosts. One boost keeps the tone controls operating and has a user adjustable boost level, while the original fixed tone stack bypass boost of the ODS remains. This means two distinctive voices, but voices that when combined, widen the available gain range more than double.
The brite switch has two positions. Off in the middle, and two different operating points for a sparkly subtle shine, and a second, more aggressive high boost which brings clarity and more midrange push to the tone. The ODS-Classic has a three position EQ switch. Up gets you EQ-1, which is a more gainy and punchy rock style eq. Middle position is a gain boost which bypasses the tone controls, and down is EQ-2 a smoother, more jazzy studio style EQ. Pulling the high control gets you mid boost, while pulling the mid control provides a second mid-boost frequency shift for two distinctive voices.
The clean channel topology is a refined version of the same great single 12AX7 circuit found in the original ODS which was revamped for the Casino and ODS-II models.
The overdrive channel is the same great drive channel that made the original amps the success they became. Like the clean channel it also was refined with some new enhancements: An internal overdrive gain control and HFOD controls (which provides a subtle high end smoothing effect going into the overdrive) remain. The overdrive input control pulls for manual overdrive operation, while the overdrive output control is now a concentric control adding an overdrive tone control. This has been well received in both the Casino and ODS-II models.
A master volume, accent (adding a subtle high end boost in the power amp stage), remain. Like the Casino and ODS-II the ODS-Classic has the same great Spin Semiconductor digital reverb as designed by Keith Barr of Alesis fame. It’s got variable decay and level controls, and is interfaced via a tube mix stage, giving it warmth and smoothness plus consistent and reliable reverb unlike mechanical pans.
The rear panel is virtually unchanged from the original amp design: A universal AC power input plug, power and standby switches, 4-8-16-ohm outputs for speakers. A half power switch (in Custom-50 and 100-W models) and the great all-tube Fuchs effects loop which is series or parallel and line or pedal level. A CAT-5 Ethernet connector is provided for the footswitch.
The standard footswitch is a 5-way which provides dual gain boosts, overdrive and mid boost and reverb muting with LED indications and connects with any standard available CAT-5 or Cat-6 wire.
All amps use custom wound USA made transformers from Heyboer and Classic-Tone. All amps carry a 5 year warranty on everything except tubes or abuse. Like all Fuchs amps, the ODS-Classic combines modern high grade PC board construction with classic hand wiring to produce reliable and consistent amps that are easily serviced when required. All PC boards are high quality fiberglass boards, with 2-oz copper, silk screen and solder mask and premium parts.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).