Building on the success of myDMX 2.1, the new myDMX 3.0 software includes all of the features of its predecessor while adding in a host of powerful new tools for lightshow creation. Using the new software, you can arrange Scenes into groups and play up to four of them simultaneously, allowing different effects and looks to be combined for a new level of on-the-fly creativity. Scenes can also now be flashed as well as edited during a live event using the Blind mode, which allows changes to be made without outputting a DMX signal.
Another major addition to myDMX for version 3.0 is advanced sound-to-light synchronization. The software features audio analysis and pulse analysis to allow chase scenes to be perfectly matched to the music a lightshow is being used to enhance. As an alternative, the software also offers a BPM Tap feature that allows chase speed to be determined by tapping a key to the beat of the music. The new software also introduces Live Snapshots and Live Scene dimming and Scene speed controls.
The release of myDMX 3.0 includes a new and improved interface box (dongle). This features a USB computer connection as well as both 3-pin and 5-pin XLR DMX output sockets for maximum compatibility with all DMX fixtures. The new interface features the same advanced chipset as the 2.1 version but with the added benefit of internal memory that allows the current DMX chase scene(s) to continue running even if communication with the host computer (and therefore the software) is lost.
As with its predecessor, V2.1, the new myDMX 3.0 software and hardware combination offers control of up to 512 DMX channels. It features a powerful 3D Visualizer, that allows a lightshow to be planned and programmed on a computer in advance of actually setting up the lighting equipment, as well as MIDI triggering for use with an external hardware controller. It is also compatible with the same Fixture Profiles (SSL2), is supplied with an extensive Profile Library, and includes an Editor that allows the easy custom configuration of new Profiles. This means that the software can be used to control absolutely any DMX-compatible equipment from any manufacturer. What’s more, there is also a ‘Cloud Search’ option to make finding the right Profile much easier, so no more hunting through DropBox!
The new software also retains several useful additions that were made for the 2.1 release. These include the ability to multi-select steps in a Scene and modify one channel parameter without interfering with the rest of the channels, as well as the addition of barrel drum rotation to the Scene Builder. myDMX also allows complex effects, such as movement and rainbow color chases, to be easily created using the simple, but powerful, drag and drop Effects Generator.
myDMX makes controlling a lighting system easy and affordable, while the new 3.0 version adds useful and powerful advanced features. If you’re already using myDMX V2.1, what are you waiting for? Upgrade now and take advantage of the new features right away. On the other hand, if you have an older version of myDMX now is definitely the time to seriously consider updating your system. The advances introduced in both the 2.1 and 3.0 releases combined add a huge amount of functionality that will improve your shows as well as make your life easier. Finally, if you’ve new to DMX software control, why not invest in myDMX 3.0 and take your lightshow to the next level?
- Play multiple scenes at a time
- Arrange scenes into groups
- Sound-light with BPM audio analysis and pulse analysis
- Live snapshots
- Live scene dimming and scene speed controls
- Stand Alone backup memory
- BPM tap
- Flash scenes
- Blind editing - edit scenes without outputting the DMX
- Fully compatible with myDMX 2.1 software
- Easy-to-use DMX software
- 512 DMX channels
- Extensive fixture profile library
- SSL2 Profile editor & support
- Drag and drop effects generator
- Works with simple scenes/steps
- Windows and Mac installers that will download the latest ssl library with an internet connection upon install.
- “Maintenance” application that installs with the program to check for component updates or new versions of the software.
- “Cloud search for profiles” Search for the latest and greatest fixture profiles from within the program itself, no more hunting through dropbox
- Improved multi Pan and Tilt support
- Users can select multi select steps in a scene and modify a channel parameter without it interfering with the rest of the channels
- Vast optimizations and stability improvements for both Windows and Mac OS
- Not compatible with ARM based Windows tablets (only Intel)
Minimum System Requirements:
- Computer working under Windows 7 or higher, or MAC OS X 10.10 or higher
- 1 GHz speed processor
- 2 GB Memory (RAM)
- 1280*768 pixel screen
- OpenGL 3.1 (for 3D)
Best Performance System Requirements:
- Computer working under Windows 7 or higher, or MAC OSx 10.10 or higher
- 2 GHz speed processor, dual core
- 4 GB Memory (RAM)
- Video card with 1GB video memory
- 1920*1080 pixel screen
- OpenGL 3.1 (for 3D)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).