- Martin Jimmy Buffet Custom Guitar
- Black Gloss Finish
- D-14 Fret Body Size (Dreadnought)
- East Indian Back and Sides
- Adirondack Spruce Top
- Dovetail Neck Joint
- X-Brace Pattern - Sitka Spruce 5/16" w/ 1/4" Tone Bars
- Ebony Fretboard and Bridge
- 25.4" Scale Length
- 1 3/4" Nut Width - White TUSQ
- 20 PLEK'd Frets
- Performing Artist w/ High-Performance Taper Neck Shape
- Fishman Gold Plus Natural I Preamp
- Gold Tuners
- Custom Palm Tree Headstock Inlay
- Mother of Pearl Fretboard and Headstock Inlay Material
- Style 45 Golden Era Back Purfling w/ Black Stripe
- Martin Hardshell Case Included
- Paper Label Signed by Jimmy Buffet
- Serial #: 2243522
Music Store Live is proud to offer up this paradise of a guitar brought to you by our friends over at Martin.
Jimmy Buffet is clearly an American music icon. And there's no way you can really think of any of his songs without also thinking about the sound of an acoustic guitar. This is another amazing example of the fullness of a Martin D-shape. We particularly like the custom inlay touch of the palm tree blowing in the wind on the headstock. We also like the fact that it doesn't have Jimmy's name on the headstock in giant letters like so many signature models are apt to do. So whether you're a fan of his, simply enjoy the palm tree imagery, or just want one heck of a beautiful sounding gloss black acoustic guitar, this is going to check all of the boxes without neccessarily screaming "this is a Jimmy Buffet guitar". We're really digging the subtle coolness of this one. But if you're a collector, then it gets even better when you peak in the sound hole only to find that the label was autographed by Jimmy, himself.
The body shape is Martin's D-shape. It's a dreadnought that'll produce some nice low end presence to it and a shimmery treble response. It has a bit of a natural mid-scoop, which is perfect for the singer-songwriter style of playing. The guitar has a powerful sound without being boomy and the rosewood back and sides with Adirondack spruce top are a classic pairing that product warmth, a good amount of volume, and versatility for strumming or playing fingerstyle. The neck is similar to Jimmy's old Martin's which had the Performing Artist neck with High Performance Taper. It makes the neck very even and smooth all the way up and down and it's fairly slim as well.
Another beautiful contributor to the versatility and glorious tone of this instrument comes in the form of the Fishman Gold Plus Natural I preamp. This really does produce one of the best amplified tones we've hard in a long time. It's clear, precise, and as the name implies, very natural and transparent sounding.
If quality, playability, and acoustic as well as electric tone are high priorities in an guitar for you - it doesn't get much better than this.
Legendary artist and chief Parrothead Jimmy Buffett has used Martin guitars throughout his career, with multiple Martin signature models in his collection. Always looking for new and exciting instruments, Jimmy was inspired when he saw Chris Martin’s CEO-6 Black model from 2013. Along with his guitar tech, Dan Cook, Jimmy worked with the Martin Custom Shop to create a version of this guitar all his own. The result is a striking, sloped shoulder dreadnought, finished completely with black lacquer and Jimmy’s signature mother-of-pearl palm tree swaying in the breeze on the headstock. The Jimmy Buffett Custom includes a comfortable high-performance neck, a Fishman® pickup, and a customized interior label bearing Jimmy Buffett’s signature.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).