- Top Finish: Natural Gloss
- Top: Solid Western red cedar
- Back and Sides: Ovangkol
- Neck: Mahogany (Nato)
- Feretboard: African ebony
- Bridge: African ebony
- Headstock overlay: Basswood Black
- Body binding: Tortoise
- Fretboard binding: Tortoise
- Headstock binding: None
- Bridge truss: Yes
- Fretboard inlay: Offset Dots
- Nut / saddle: Bone
- Body Shape: Concert
- Cutaway: Soft
- Headstock shape: Asymmetrical
- Scale length: 643mm
- Number of frets: 20
- Nut width: 43mm
- Lower bout width: 15.37"
- Waist width: 9"
- Upper bout width: 11.28"
- Body length: 19.875"
- Body depth at neck: 91mm
- Body depth at tailblock: 106mm
- Sound hole diameter: 100mm
- Tuners: Chrome Closed Gear
- Electronics: LR Baggs EAS VTC
- String gauge: D'Addario EXP 16
- Case: Deluxe Gig bag
Breedlove’s popular Solo Concert delivers your music right to your ear, with the Side Monitor Soundhole. The warmth of red cedar and the bass emphasis of ovangkol produce warm note-for-note clarity and balanced sound. Whether composing on a noisy tour bus or needing to hear your playing on the stage, the Solo Concert allows you to be more connected to your music.
The Breedlove Concert is the original Breedlove shape. It first appeared in 1992, and has been the best-selling Breedlove body shape ever since. Designed specifically for the fingerstylist to be well balanced, compact, and comfortable to play, it generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The unique construction also allows the Concert to sing even at a full strum. If you’re a fingerstylist, or are seeking an instrument to use as vocal accompaniment, this is the shape for you. The Concert is engineered to provide exceptional sustain with a pronounced bass response, both of which can be achieved with a light touch. The graduated top works in harmony with the Breedlove Bridge Truss to provide an even response throughout the lows, mids, and highs, with sustain, and clear, concise, note-for-note projection.
BREEDLOVE BRIDGE TRUSS
The Breedlove Bridge Truss (BBT) reduces tension on the soundboard of the guitar, so the top wood is able to vibrate more freely, producing remarkable sustain, balance, and clarity. The BBT also allows for a thinner graduated top, thereby allowing Breedlove craftsmen to bring out the optimal sound from the top wood without sacrificing structural stability. Relieving much of the string tension from the bridge prevents “bridge belly,” ensuring top stability for decades. Guitar strings can exert up to 230 pounds of pull from the nut to the bridge. Traditional methods for preventing top bowing at the bridge usually involve heavy internal bracing and thicker tops. The BBT compensates for this pressure in an innovative way: The BBT is mounted to the bridge from the inside and is connected into the tail block of the guitar, pulling downward on the underside of the bridge to distribute some of the tension, relieving pressure on the top. The resulting tonal effect on BBT-equipped guitars is more resonance and livelier sound with enhanced overtones.
BREEDLOVE PINLESS BRIDGE
The Breedlove Pinless Bridge helps maintain the integrity of the top by eliminating the need for six drilled string holes. The fewer holes in your soundboard, the more evenly the sound wave can move across the interior, without any loss of energy. The Breedlove Pinless Bridge also provides a gentler string-break angle from the bridge to the top of the saddle, reducing saddle strain. This innovative bridge also makes string changes a breeze, especially on 12 strings. Plus, you’ll never again have to worry about lost, worn-out, or broken bridge pins.
Breedlove guitars feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish also contributes to ideal playability. The labor-intensive finish process includes precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Breedlove players around the world can attest: With consistent, proper care, your Breedlove will give you a lifetime of service – and inspiration. New Breedlove instruments, purchased through an authorized Breedlove dealer, are warrantied to be free of defects in materials and workmanship throughout the lifetime of the original owner. In addition to materials and workmanship, Breedlove offers a two-year warranty on tuning machines and electronics packages. Cases and bags are subject to a one-year warranty covering defects in structure and hardware.
For musicians who play the a variety of instrument, or are looking for a very specific tone offered by cedar, guitars made with this tonewood can offer a nice alternative to the spruces and other top tonewoods. This tonewood produces wonderful tones with a light touch, therefore it’s great for fingerstyle playing. If you are a fingerstyle player, then you will love the way this guitar amplifies the sound and tone.
This tonewood usually has a reddish and/or brown color, which makes the guitars very attractive. The color can range from very darker to much lighter in tone, so you have a wide variety of aesthetic options to choose from. This tonewood has a smooth textured surface that looks even more lustrous after finishing.
BACK & SIDE WOOD
Ovangkol is a plentiful evergreen that grows in Western Africa. It achieves a height of 100 – 150 feet and a base diameter around three feet, with long fruit pods for seeds. Its scientific name is Guiborourtia ehie, in the same family as bubinga.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Breedlove. This Solo Concert CE is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).