- Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 Redwood Acoustic-Electric
- Dreadnought Body Shape
- Solid Redwood Top
- Solid Australian Blackwood Back, and Sides
- Queensland Maple Neck
- Oak Fretboard w/Abalone Snowflake Inlays
- 1.73" Nut Width
- Inlaid Wood Binding, Purfling, and Rosette
- Oak Bridge
- Grover Tuners
- Graph Tech TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- Pickguard Included (so you can choose if you want it on there or not)
- Cole Clark Proprietary 3-Way Pickup System
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Serial #: 81134903
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Cole Clark acoustic guitars! These guitars impressed us from the moment we discovered them at NAMM in 2018 and we've been thrilled to continuously expand our offerings from them.
The gist of their company is a simple one: Most acoustic-electric guitars have a preamp that is built around the guitar. At Cole Clark, they make guitars that are built around their preamp. So if you're the type of player that always performs with your guitar plugged in, then why not have a guitar that sounds it's best in that scenario, right?
It's not that Cole Clark aren't interested in how their guitars sound acoustically. They very much are. These guitars sound great unplugged. They are loud and bright while retaining some nice warmth to them as well. The dreadnought body shape is extremely comfortable to play. It doesn't have quite as boomy of a low end which can be great if you're trying to stay out of the way of the bass or other guitars. Of course, the electronics can also help to add or remove frequencies as well. The Australian Blackwood is quite snappy and it projects really well while the Redwood top adds some nice warmth to the sound. It's really fantastic for finger picking and dynamic strumming.
But building a guitar that sounds great acoustically has never been their end goal. That's just the beginning. They want to build a guitar that sounds great coming through the PA system or the amplifier that you're likely to plug it into if you're performing on stage, in a studio, or just jamming with some other buddies. So the real magic of these guitars is not in the exotic tonewoods that they used, although they look and sound beautiful. The magic in the sound comes from the unbelievable preamp that they've built this instrument around that is unlike anything else out there on the market. It's really 3 microphones or pickups combining to give you one cohesive sound that is extremely tweakable.
The playability, fretwork, and general fit-and-finish construction of this guitar are really thoroughly impressive. The neck is slim and super comfortable to play. It's a true, hand-made work of art, that feels effortless to play and will sound like a choir of angels coming out of your speakers. It's truly a guitar built by musicians for musicians. There's good reason why some of their top endorsers are discerning players who are on the road and need to get a good amplified sound out of their acoustic guitar. Some names that'll likely ring a bell who rely on Cole Clark guitars are Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Johnny Marr, and The Mars Volta, to name a few.
We're pretty sure you'll be as blown away by these as we were.
The Cole Clark pickup is not an afterthought installed at the end of the production line. We build our system into the guitar as it goes through production. The concept behind our pickup is best explained by comparing it to an audio system. A P.A has subwoofers, speakers, and horns, each designed to hear a range of frequencies they are best equipped to handle and crossover points for frequencies best heard by the next component. Cole Clark uses the same 3 component philosophy with a piezo system for the bottom end, a patented face sensor for the mid-range and a microphone for the top end.
All Cole Clark pickups and preamps are proudly made in Melbourne, Australia.
Analogue 3-Way System
Our most popular preamp, the analog 3-way is the ‘Cole Clark sound’ heard the world over.
The Piezo system utilizes individual piezo elements suspended under the bridge saddle which we believe is the best and most dynamic type of piezo system available.
We know that the face/top is the most important component to the sound of an acoustic guitar, so it makes sense that we utilize that tone when amplifying the guitar. We do this with our unique face sensor which is specifically designed for the mid-range. We use a patented blend control which blends in the amount of face sensor required to go with the piezo sound or to completely replace the piezo in the mid-range. This goes a long way in removing the ‘piezo quack’, delivering a more natural tone. With a maximum crossover point of 350hz, the face sensor cannot hear any frequency in its feedback zone, instead, leaving those frequencies to the under saddle piezo.
The third element is a condenser microphone for the top end. This microphone is set well above any feedback zone and is purely there to take the ‘ping’ out of the piezo if there is some piezo blended through at full range.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Cole Clark. This Fat Lady 2 Series Redwood is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Pictures are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).