Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Breedlove Oregon Concerto 12-String E Myrtlewood guitar!
Myrtlewood is a fairly unique wood that is starting to make its way more and more into acoustic guitar building. Being that it grows right in their backyard, Breedlove started to champion the idea of using local and sustainable woods from around the Oregon area for some of these guitars. It's no accident that other manufacturers are now also starting to incorporate this sustainable wood as a tonewood. It sounds awesome, looks beautiful, and is relatively easy to work with.
The result of an all-myrtlewood acoustic is a bright and loud guitar that should be able to hold it's own even in a dense mix full of electric instruments. It reminds me of the tone you get from Koa. Lush, organic and shimmery, the sound of this guitar is as unique as myrtlewood’s interesting figuring. It has the power and crisp top-end of maple, but with a rich, chimey harmonic content all its own. It’s great as a fingerpicker and will provide a nice foundation for the singer/songwriter. Thanks to Myrtlewood being a relatively dense wood, it'll also handle heavy strumming without overdriving the top. Versatility is the name of the game with this one. It's perfect for the guitarist that needs an acoustic that can handle a little of everything.
The myrtlewood reminds me a lot of koa, for those that are familiar with koa acoustics. It's going to have some nice brightness to it and the sound will be very clear and pristine. Lush, organic, tight in the bass response and yet shimmery in the top end - the sound of this guitar is as unique as myrtlewood’s interesting figuring. It has the power and crisp top-end of maple but with a rich, chimey harmonic content all its own. It can work well for fingerpickers and will provide a nice foundation for the singer/songwriter that needs lots of dynamics. But since the myrtlewood is a bit harder and more dense, you can also dig in and strum hard on this and the guitar will hang in there with you. It can handle heavy strumming without overdriving the top and still produces an articulate and bold tone.
The low-profile but effective pickup system makes gigging easy, and the bridge-pin free bridge design will let you change strings on the fly. Perfect for anyone who’s looking for a gig-ready, full-bodied guitar, without going into the Dreadnought or Jumbo realm, the Breedlove Concerto body shape allows the bass frequencies to develop inside the body of the guitar in a way that makes them powerful, present, punchy, but always defined so they don't get in the way of anything else. If you play fingerstyle all the time, you may prefer the spruce top version of this guitar. But if you need a guitar that can handle a little of everything, including some hard strumming, the all-myrtlewood design is a very hard one to beat!
Breedlove's neck shapes are a bit narrower/thinner than traditional acoustics and almost play more like an electric. The fretwork and craftsmanship is top-notch, to allow for very low action, if that's your cup of tea. It will both inspire you and allow you to play for hours on end without having to worry about hand fatigue. Plus, for the size of the body on this, Breedlove has figured out a way to make this guitar extraordinarily comfortable. So you can get that huge sound without feeling like you're playing a massive guitar.
New for 2019, the Oregon Concerto Bourbon 12-String CE Myrtlewood – Myrtlewood is a body size larger than the award-winning Concert model, delivering more projection from the larger Concerto body shape. Engineered for heavy play style, this acoustic-electric guitar has become a favorite of players around the world. The Breedlove sound comes through bold and clean with balanced bass, mids, and highs reminiscent of rosewood. A soft cutaway provides access to the entire ebony fretboard. Engineered to perfection, this guitar is ideal for strumming and rhythm, but it’s not just loud; it has more note-to-note clarity than most large body guitars. The maple neck complements the myrtlewood in tonal perfection. Myrtlewood is locally sourced in the Pacific Northwest – a short distance from where they are hand-crafted in small batches by our dedicated craftsmen. The myrtlewood sound stays true when amplified through the highly reliable LR Baggs EAS VTC electronics. You will sound better, play better and play more on a Breedlove Oregon Series guitar.
When we set out to create a guitar that would surpass the classic big body sound of the dreadnought, we didn’t just want it to be loud. We sought to bring out more tonal complexity, and to offer a much more comfortable playing experience, too. Introducing the new Breedlove Concerto, a new guitar shape created to elicit more volume than a classic dreadnought, and more lush, complex tonal resonance in a comfortable body shape that feels just right. Loud, textured, and supremely satisfying.
Breedlove guitar necks feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
TOP, BACK AND SIDE WOODS
Myrtlewood, umbellularia californica, formerly oreodaphne californica, originates in the western United States in Northern California and Oregon. Myrtlewood offers a strong fundamental with a powerful voice. Similar to maple, it has a clear and bright voice with superb projection and sustain, and offers a full and balanced sound. A versatile non-traditional tonewood, it is a favorite for many styles of playing. Myrtle has very unique and widely varied figure – no two sets are alike. Coloration ranges from blonde to taupe.
H | Heavier Play, Strumming: Historically, larger guitars are designed for bigger sound and stronger play. With Sound Optimization, Breedlove can achieve this robust playing action on the guitar body shape that is most comfortable to the player.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Breedlove players around the world can attest: With consistent, proper care, your Breedlove will give you a lifetime of service – and inspiration. New Breedlove instruments, purchased through an authorized Breedlove dealer, are warrantied to be free of defects in materials and workmanship throughout the lifetime of the original owner. In addition to materials and workmanship, Breedlove offers a two-year warranty on tuning machines and electronics packages. Cases and bags are subject to a one-year warranty covering defects in structure and hardware. Full details on our limited lifetime warranty are available here.
- Model: Oregon Concerto 12-String CE
- Color: Bourbon Burst Gloss
- Size: Concerto
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top, Back, and Sides: Solid Myrtlewood
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Waist Width: 9.37"
- Upper Bout Width: 11.745"
- Body Length: 20.695"
- Body Depth: 4" @ neck, 5" @ tail
- Sound Hole: 3.75"
- Material: Eastern Hard-Rock Maple
- Fretboard: African Ebony
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Inlays: Offset Dots
- Frets: 20
- Pickup: LR Baggs EAS VTC
- Bridge: African Ebony - Delta
- Tuners: Breedlove - Nickel
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
- Made in Bend, OR USA
- Instrument Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Serial #: 24808
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).