Unit Weight: 4.2lbs/2kg
Unit Dimensions: 31.5" x 7.5" x 3"
Masterkey 49 USB MIDI controller keyboard
6ft USB cable
DVD containing Presonus Studio One™ Artist and content material
The Masterkey 49 USB MIDI controller keyboard opens the gate to computer music creation. Whatever your style of music, it delivers the control you need to unlock your creativity.
Express yourself on the 49 velocity sensitive keys, playing and recording in to any standard MIDI software program or the included Presonus Studio One Artist. The compact design fits perfectly on a computer desk and it's easy to move when not in use.
Real-time controls such as the four knobs and the fader can be used to control instrument or mix parameters, even while you play. Professional-style pitch bend and modulation wheels allow you to add further articulation. The 3-digit LED display provides navigational feedback so it's quick and easy to find the right menus for changing MIDI channels, sending out program changes, transposing or programming the real time controls. And if 49 keys are not enough, press the octave up and down buttons to shift the keyboard range up or down instantly.
Installation is straightforward, too. Simply plug Masterkey 49 into a USB port on your computer and the operating system will do the rest. Masterkey 49 is USB class-compliant, which means that no driver is needed for supported operating systems.
Masterkey 49 main features:
• 49 note, velocity sensitive, synth-style keyboard
• Pitch bend and modulation wheels (assignable)
• 1 assignable fader
• 4 assignable knobs for real time control
• 3-character red LED segment display
• 1 sustain foot switch input jack, type-sensing (foot switch not included)
• Quick-toggle between real-time functions Octave, Transpose, Program Change and MIDI Channel
• Advanced MIDI functions
• USB class-compliant. No driver needed
• Includes Presonus Studio One™ Artist
Get a grip
The pitch bend / modulation wheels and the fader cap have a rubberized coating that provides additional grip, minimizing the chance of performers losing their grip. They look great and feel great on the fingertips too.
By default two buttons below the LED display operate as octave shift buttons -/+ extending the range of the keyboard 4 octaves up and 3 octaves down. The buttons can in addition be assigned to control Transpose, Program Change or MIDI Channel providing a total of 4 options. Press the two buttons at the same time, then scroll through the options using the - or + button until you have found the one you want.
Masterkey 49 is easy to connect. One USB cable handles data transfer to your computer and also provides the power. It's also USB class compliant, so driver installation is not needed. All you have to do is switch the power button to On! An input jack is also available for an optional sustain pedal. Masterkey 49 automatically detects the polarity of the footswitch you connect, so any standard pedal can be used. If you don't have a pedal, check out the FP-1 and FP-2 pedals at the bottom of this page.
Assigning Controllers and Edit
Masterkey 49 would not be a controller keyboard without its real-time controls. The controls are pre-assigned with useful MIDI CCs. Some music creation software will instantly link these controls to useful parameters and most offers the ability to define the parameter links yourself using ‘click and learn’*. In some cases, you may need to change the MIDI CC assigned to each of these controls. Thanks to the LED display it's easy too. Once in Edit mode, pressing the black keys will show the various menu options. No need to refer to the manual or a keyboard chart, it's all there in the display. Select the key for assigning MIDI CC's and type in the number. It's that easy.
Presonus Studio One™ Artist
Studio One™ Artist is a powerful recording and production platform that lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration. Incredibly easy to learn, it offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs.
Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, effects, and VIs by drag-and-drop. Need an instrument, effects plug-in, or drum loop? Just drag what you need from the content Browser, drop it into the arrangement, and everything is taken care of.
Studio One™ Artist main features:
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio time-stretching and re-sampling
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Instantly configures to PreSonus audio interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
- 25 Native Effects™ 32-bit effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- 4+ GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).