The Astral Destiny is a compact and powerful modulated octave reverb pedal that features 8 reverb modes with 8 editable presets, assignable expression control, tails for natural reverb decay when the effect is bypassed and a super cool stretch feature that doubles the length of the reverb while adding an adjustable pitch bending effect.
- 1. Abyss: Huge reverb with no octave effect
- 2. Shimmer: Adds an upper octave to the reverb tail
- 3. Sub: Adds a lower octave to the reverb tail
- 4. Sub Shimmer: Adds an upper and lower octave to the reverb tail
- 5. Astral: Adds an upper and lower octave combined with a regenerating tail
- 6. Ascend: Upward pitch bending
- 7. Descend: Downward pitch bending
- 8. Cosmos: Adds a regenerating fifth to the reverb tail
- 1. Preset: 8 position rotary switch to recall presets. Astral Destiny ships with 8 presets which can be edited or overwritten.
- 2. Length: Controls the length of the reverb decay.
- 3. Mode: 8 position rotary switch to select the reverb mode.
- 4. Depth: Adjusts the intensity of the chorus effect.
- 5. Rate: Adjusts the rate of the chorus effect.
- 6. Tone: Boosts treble clockwise, cuts treble counterclockwise. Center is a flat frequency response.
- 7. Mix: Level control for the reverb effect.
- 8. Activate Footswitch: You are probably gonna need this to activate and deactivate the reverb effect.
- 9. Stretch Footswitch: Doubles the length of the reverb effect while adding a temporary change in pitch.
The Astral Destiny operates between two different modes: Live or Preset. It comes with 8 factory presets, 1 for each reverb mode, that can be edited or completely overwritten for your enjoyment. The settings for Length, Depth, Rate, Tone, Mix as well as EXP assignment and Stretch length can all be stored and recalled. Any of the Astral Destiny’s 8 reverb modes can be used as the basis for each of the 8 presets.
This is the standard mode of operation that the Astral Destiny ships in and is indicated by a Green or Red Activate LED depending on the bypass state. Astral Destiny will operate manually in this mode and all controls will visually indicate the current settings.
This puts the Astral Destiny into one of the 8 presets selected by the Preset rotary switch. This mode is indicated by a Yellow Activate LED. The panel controls will no longer operate as visually set and instead, the Astral Destiny will use the stored control settings for each selected preset position. If a control change is made while in Preset Mode, the Activate LED will begin to flash. You can easily save this change by holding down both footswitches until both LED’s flash 4 times indicating that the change has been saved.
- Dimensions: 4.65 x 3.65 x 2.25 in. (118 x 93 x 57 mm) with knobs
- Current Draw: 85 mA
- Input Impedance: 500 kΩ
- Output Impedance: 100 Ω
- Use any TRS expression pedal to take control over the Length, Depth, Rate, Tone, or Mix panel controls! You can also use Control Voltage with the EXP Jack. The CV range is 0 – 3.3v.
- EXP Jack Internal Connections:
- Sleeve= Ground
- Ring= 3.3v
- Tip= Wiper (CV)
Tails or Full Bypass Switching
- Astral Destiny can operate in two different bypass states: Tails or Full Bypass. It comes factory set in Tails Mode which allows the reverb effect to naturally decay after the effect is bypassed and is indicated by a Green Activate LED. Full Bypass will cut the reverb effect completely when the effect is bypassed and is indicated by a Red Activate LED.
- Astral Destiny is buffered bypass which means that there will always be an active buffer present and it requires power to pass signal.
- The Stretch footswitch doubles the length of the reverb effect while adding a temporary change in pitch.
- Tap for an immediate pitch change.
- Hold for a temporary pitch bending effect.
Adjusting the speed of the pitch bend
- The speed of the of the pitch bending effect created by holding the Stretch footswitch can be adjusted by following these steps:
- Hold down the Stretch footswitch.
- Turn the Length control clockwise for a longer pitch bend or counterclockwise for a shorter pitch bend.
- Release the Stretch footswitch once you have selected your desired length.
- The Stretch footswitch will now operate at the selected speed every time the Astral Destiny is powered on.
- This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).