For many bassists, the old OC-2 pedals made in Japan are a sort of holy grail. You can find used ones online for several hundreds of dollars, but the brilliant mind of Spencer at 3Leaf Audio has given us an alternative. The Octabvre (pronounced "octave") is an octaver and a synth-machine all packed into one box. After working closely with world renowned bassist Tim Lefebvre, 3Leaf came up with this awesome pedal - a miniaturized version of their Octabvre MKii. The tone knob, when all the way counter clockwise is very true to a vintage OC-2 sound. As you turn the tone knob clockwise, the tone becomes fuzzier and more aggressive and starts to open up and fill out more of the frequency spectrum. Just that one knob alone gives you tons of versatility. The Mix knob lets you decide how much or how little of your dry signal you want to come through when you play. Completely remove your dry signal for a full-on synth tone, have the octave effect subtly gliding under your lead lines, go for a 50/50 mix, or anything in between.
The Octabvre Mini is a modified and miniaturized version of the Octabvre that was designed for bass player and effects guru Tim Lefebvre. It starts with the popular Tim-tuning mod from the original and takes it further with a reworked tone knob that runs the gamut from classic OC-2-inspired thump to all-out sub fuzz. The new tone knob blends together two independent tone circuits. With the tone knob fully counterclockwise, the Octabvre Mini is a functional equivalent of the classic Boss OC-2 Octaver. As the tone knob is turned up, a fuzzy square wave version of the octave down circuit is introduced.
Volume - Overall output volume. Unity gain is around 12 o’clock.
Mix - Variable blend between your dry signal and the octave down signal. Fully clockwise removes the dry signal from the circuit.
Tone - The sound quality of the octave down signal. Fully counter-clockwise is a functional equivalent of the classic OC-2 circuit. As the tone knob is turned up, the sound becomes fuzzier and starts to take up more of the frequency spectrum.
Bypass - Relay-based silent true bypass will automatically switch to bypass mode if power is lost.
Tracking Note - The Octabvre is an analog monophonic octaver. This means it can only track one note at a time, and playing chords will result in glitchy behavior (which you might find desirable!). Tracking is affected greatly by technique, pickups, strings and dead spots on the neck. For best results, play cleanly and use your instrument’s neck pickup. Tracking is best when the Octabvre is as close to the beginning of the signal chain as possible, before any fuzz or modulation effects that might confuse the tracking circuit.
- 3Leaf Audio Octabvre Mini
- Volume, Mix, Tone Knobs
- 9V DC Compatible (not included)
- Relay-Based Silent True Bypass
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).