Hands down, this is one of the most unique and musical guitars I've played. Other than the shape of the body, it doesn't really resemble anything in ESP's lineup or any other company's lineup. This is the kind of instrument that only comes along every now and then, and we're thrilled to offer it. Built in ESP's custom shop in commemoration of their 40th anniversary, this Mystique Custom sports totally unique tonewood choices, boldly original styling, customized electronics and impeccable build quality. The neck on this axe is a real treat. It's uncommonly smooth and sports a tonewood combination that I've never come across on a guitar neck. Open position chords are easy to grab, bluesy double stops come out with ease, and leads up high have a way of playing themselves. Tonewise, this guitar is far from your standard gain-happy ESP. Clean, it has a chimey, jangly sound that really shines through a good tube amp. Distorted, it's thick and raunchy but always articulate. It's a versatile sound with more of an authentic old school vibe than you might expect. And check out that purple heart pickguard - I've never seen anything like it.
Only one of this guitar was built, and we're thrilled that we got our hands on it. It's truly a work of art and we're excited to find it a good home.
In commemoration of their 40th Anniversary, ESP let the master luthiers in their custom shop have something of a field day. They built 80 totally unique, one-of-a-kind guitars that reflect their vision as a custom shop, all while incorporating years of hard-earned knowledge. This Mystique Custom is the only one of its kind. It's loaded with unconventional, beautiful tonewoods. The body is a piece of Japanese ash, and the top is a gorgeous cut of quilted Japanese ash. Check out how the top is placed on the body - it's slightly offset, so you get the regular ash and the quilted ash on full display. Very cool. The neck has a whole lot going on. It's a 9-piece slim U shape that alternates between rosewood, maple, ebony and paduak. Most of it is rosewood, so you get the smooth, easy playing feel of a rosewood neck with the stability and beauty of a 9-piece neck. Electronically, this axe sports different pickups than you're probably used to on ESPs. They're both Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Filtertrons. They have all the jangle, chime, crunch and sparkle you'd expect from good Filtertrons, but with a slightly punchier vibe and thicker mids. The Bigsby B5 tailpiece and TonePros bridge work wonderfully and keep everything in tune and intonated properly.
This is only one of these axes on the planet. There's nothing else that's even close. If you're interested in this one, be sure to give us a call - we'd love to chat more about it.
- ESP 40th Anniversary Exhibition Mystique Custom
- Japanese Ash Body
- Japanese Quilted Ash Top
- 9-Piece Rosewood/Maple/Ebony/Paduak Neck
- Slim U Neck
- Honduran Rosewood Fretboard
- 24 Frets
- S-Block Inlays MOP/Black MOP
- Bolt-On Design
- Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Filtertron Pickups
- 3 Way Pickup Selector
- TonePros Bridge
- Bigsby B-5 Tailpiece
- Gotoh Locking Tuners
- Gold Hardware
- Bone Nut
- 25.5" Scale
- 12" Radius
- Purple Heart Pickguard
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity Hand Signed by Matt Masciandaro (President of ESP)
- Serial #: K1437405
- Weight: 8.75 lbs
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).