1965 Gibson ES-355 TDC Stereo
Out of stock
Music Store Live is proud to present this 1965 Gibson ES-355 TDC Stereo! This guitar produces every color of the rainbow. It is a tonal smorgasbord that's capable of deep dark growls to razor sharp and brilliantly bright screams. If you're looking for a vintage axe that can do it all without having to change guitars than you are looking at it. The neck is a total joy to play. It's worn in with great vintage feel and it plays great in every position. This beast is terrific for almost any style of music and playing.
Our in house guitar techs have set this guitar up to ensure that the neck is straight, the action is set for easy playability, there are no issues and the intonation is spot on.
This vintage 1965 Gibson ES-355 TDC has been played hard and well maintained over the year. The first thing we should mention is that the neck has been replaced with a more modern Gibson neck. I know, why would someone do that right? Well, the short answer is that Gibson's have been known to break their headstocks more than occasionally, and not everyone is willing to live with the smiley face crack repair staring them in the face. Either way the luthier that did the repair did an extremely good job of matching the finish and making sure the neck is true to the body. This guitar, which is technically an ES-355 Stereo, has had it's original stereo transducers removed and is wired to operate in standard Mono output. The wiring and pots seem to have been replaced professionally sometime in the 80's and have been thoroughly cleaned. Other replaced parts are as follows: the tuners are repro Kluson Wafflebacks, the Varitone switch and the vibrato arm ( not the Lyre vibrato system itself, just the arm ). Some of the pole screws from the pickups may have been replaced at one time but the pickups themselves are era correct (if not original) Gibson Patent Number humbuckers and they sound and perform wonderfully.
Some stand out original features include the Cherry finish, still in great condition, the familiar 60's rounded neck profile with bound ebony fretboard & large pearl block inlays, multiple body bindings, Lyre vibrato tailpiece, Tune-o-matic bridge, Gold Waffleback Kluson tuners, 5 piece split diamond headstock inlay, unbound F holes and the original Gibson hard shell case.
For those of you looking for a deal in the vintage market this is your opportunity. The vintage Gibson is a player's paradise just dripping with mojo and history. The tone and feel are right up there with some of the best vintage axes we've played and the body has remained in very good condition over the years.
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning instrument:
- 1965 Gibson ES-355 TDC Stereo
- Mahogany Neck - 60's Rounded Profile
- Bound Ebony Fretboard
- Large Pearl Block Inlays
- 22 Frets
- Scale Length 24 3/4"
- Gold Ribbed Back Kluson Tuners
- Orignal Gibson Patent Number Humbucker Pickups
- 6 position Varitone Selector
- 3 Way Pickup Selector
- Body Binding on Top and Back
- Replacement Black Beveled Pick Guard
- 5 Piece Split Diamond Headstock Inlay
- "Stereo" Truss Rod Cover
- Lyre Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tun-o-matic Bridge
- Weight 8.8 lbs
- Original Gibson Hard Shell Case
- Serial# 348335
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & FinancingLayaways
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).
- 6 Month Interest Free Financing is available via Paypal's Bill Me Later Program which is available upon checkout.
- For a longer financing term, contact your Guitar Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 and we'll be happy to get you pre-approved for financing terms. Up to 5 year payment terms are available!