1959 Fender Jazzmaster
Out of stock
Music Store Live is proud to present this 1959 Fender Jazzmaster! When this beautiful guitar was first unveiled in our shop, everyone stopped what they were doing and let out a collective, "Ahhhhhhhh". We're all totally smitten with it and as much as we'd like to just hoard it for ourselves, we're ready to find it the best possible new home. Let's start with the body: we all know that these guitars are designed to be ergonomically comfortable for the player. In that regard, this Jazzmaster in particular seems to be the rule, not the exception. The body is excessively comfortable ( if comfortability is capable of being excessive ). The body's edges and contours are so gently rolled as to allow the guitar to melt into the players body, helping to produce a phenomenal playing experience where every note can be felt rippling through the 50+ year old wood.
Next, the neck. We're happy to report that this mother is straight and smooth as silk. The feel is nicely broken in without having been totally worn down and never sprayed or sanded.
This Jazzmaster is set up very well. The neck is straight, the action is set low, the trem system works smoothly and it is well intonated. The guitar tunes up easily as the tuners are still in great working order and it holds tune very well with no perceivable issues. The guitar plays in tune all over the neck.
The tone is exceptional. Warm, rich and dynamic, this vintage Jazzmaster can cut it all.
We showed this guitar to Jeff Tweedy and Nels Cline of Wilco, who were in town for a show recently, both of whom were extremely impressed with the guitar. Nels added that it was one of the nicest Sunburst's that he's seen from '59, with more of a rosy color to the finish verses tobacco sunburst hues. Nels plays a '59 Jazzmaster every night with Wilco and owns several more of them and Wilco is well know for their collection of instruments. We had a great hang with them, and it was nice to get their feedback on one of the sweetest vintage pieces that we've had in the shop.
This 1959 Fender Jazzmaster is 100% original with the exception of a handful of replacement screws. A few of these are saddle piece screws ( not the saddles themselves, which are original ) and some are pick guard screws. Besides these screws, maybe 5 or 6 of them in total, everything else is 100% original.
The Fender Jazzmaster was first introduced at the 1958 NAMM show. 1959 was the first year that Fender introduced rosewood as a standard fretboard material on their guitars. These early run gold guard Jazzmasters are extremely rare and highly sought after.
Specifically, this 1959 Fender Jazzmaster features a 2 piece offset contoured Alder body with a 3 Tone Sunburst finish, a maple bolt on neck with rosewood fretboard and ivorine "clay" dot inlays. Other features include 2 Jazzmaster soap bar single coil pickups, the Jazzmaster "floating" tremolo bridge with tremolo lock system, trem arm, Kluson Deluxe single line tuners, anodized gold pickguard, 3 way selector switch and Jazzmaster controls.
The wiring, pots and controls are all original. The original Stackpole pots date to the 16th week of 1959. This beauty weighs in at 8.32 pounds.
This 1959 Jazzmaster comes with a newer G&G black hard shell case.
Serial# : 37480
This 1959 Fender Jazzmaster is in excellent condition. It shows only signs of light use through the years and appears to have spent a good amount of time safely stored in a case. Everything is fully operational and in excellent working order. The frets are original and while they are even and smooth with no serious dents or "teeth", they have been leveled at one point. There is light wear on the body which you can see in the photos. That being said, we've seen guitars made in 2005 with more wear than this '59 JM.
What can we say? Collectors and players are going to have to wrestle over who gets this one because they're both going to want it. The sound and feel of this guitar is just impeccable and will serve the professional player for another 50+ years. The original and excellent condition it's in makes it super desirable to collectors. We are very excited to find it a great new home.
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning instrument:
- 1959 Fender Jazzmaster
- 3 Tone Sunburst
- 2 Piece Alder Body
- Contoured, Offset Body design
- Maple Neck - C profile
- Brazilian Rosewood "Slab" Fretboard
- Ivorine Clay Dot Inlays
- Anodized Gold Pickguard
- Fender Jazzmaster Soap Bar Single Coil Pickups
- 3 Way Switch
- Jazzmaster Controls
- Nickel Hardware
- Kluson Deluxe Single Line Tuners
- Scale Length 25.5"
- 21 Frets
- Jazzmaster Floating Tremolo Bridge
- Tremolo Lock System
- Original Nut
- G&G Black Hard Shell Case
- Weight 8.32 lbs
- Serial # 37480
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & FinancingLayaways
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).
- 6 Month Interest Free Financing is available via Paypal's Bill Me Later Program which is available upon checkout.
- For a longer financing term, contact your Guitar Specialist at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 and we'll be happy to get you pre-approved for financing terms. Up to 5 year payment terms are available!