Gretsch G6136-1958 Stephen Stills White Falcon
Music Store Live is proud to present this Gretsch G6136-1958 Steven Stills White Falcon! Gretsch has a knack for building guitars with unique and versatile tonal profiles, and this White Falcon is no exception. The clean tones have a clarity you would expect from a nice acoustic arch top. With a little grit, the pickups spit out lush and crunchy harmonics all over the place. You can add just a touch of distortion for a thick, midsy growl, or add a heaping portion for hotter lead sounds that retain the characteristic response Gretsch is known for. The neck on this guitar lends itself to fast single note lines, beefy and bluesy double stops, big chords and everything in between. The body design is comfortable, so you won't get tired playing this guitar for hours standing or sitting. This is a great guitar for the diehard Stills fan or anyone looking for a dressed up and decked out hollow body.
The Gretsch Falcon was the only guitar competing with the Gibson Super 400 in 1955, and it's been tweaked and refined consistently since then. This Steven Stills model is essentially a White Falcon with a few extra appointments that make it one of the nicest hollow bodies Gretsch offers. The whole guitar except the ebony fretboard is maple, which makes for a spirited, crisp tone that works well in a variety of musical contexts. The neck is round and beefy but comfortable enough to really let loose on. Dual High Sensitive Filter'Tron pickups work with the full hollow construction to give you a whole array of clean and distorted tones. This guitar can put out sparkling, shimmery clean tone and punchy, meaty twang with equal ease. The synthetic bone nut and Ebony-Based Adjusto-Matic bridge ensure tuning stability no matter what. This is one of the nicest top-of-the line guitars from a company that's been perfecting the design for generations.
This Gretsch G6136-1958 Steven Stills White Falcon is in brand new pristine mint condition with no nicks, scratches, or blemishes of any kind.
- Gretsch G6136-1958 Steven Stills White Falcon
- Arched Laminated Maple Top
- Laminated Maple Back and Sides
- Bound Oversize F-Holes
- Gloss Urethane Finish
- Maple Neck
- Bound Ebony Fretboard - 12" Radius
- V Shaped Headstock
- Dual High-Sensitive Filter'Tron Pickups
- 3 Way Toggle Switch
- 3-Position Master Tone Switch: Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off. Position 2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open. Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off
- Gold Hardware
- Ebony-Based Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Bigsby B6G Vibrato Tailpiece w/ Gretsch Logo
- Grover Die Cast Imperial Tuners
- Synthetic Bone Nut
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Steven Stills Signature Inlaid at 12th Fret
- Gold-Sparkle Inlaid Gretsch Logo on Headstock
- Rhinestone and White Dot Inlays on Control Knobs
- Gold Plexi Pickguard
- Gretsch Deluxe Hard Shell Case
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.